Monday, June 29, 2009

The 100th Post!

We here at Calmer Than You Are are very proud to say that we have reached post #100 since re-opening. And when I say we, I mean no one. Actually being proud of the shit that I've written here would probably make me the World's Biggest Asshole and I just... actually, wait a minute, that doesn't sound so bad. Fuck yeah actually.

So how in the world do we celebrate this monumentous occasion? Shall I regale you with a ghastly story from my childhood, an instance that probably helped shape the twisted mind you read here between eclairs (because I assume all of my readers are fat)? Better yet, I could discuss why I like the show Malcolm In The Middle so much. And it's not because of Malcolm. By all accounts, he's the show's weakest link. And the mother is an unbearable cunt who's shrill voice seems to torment me during bouts of depression. But let me tell you, the other characters - Hal, Dewey, and Reese - run that fucking show. But no, that wouldn't do our 100th post justice. Perhaps I could put up a poll, asking all of you if I should continue on my current path or just quit my job and join the fucking Army. Yes, it would effectively put an end to this blog altogether but it may fulfill one of my lifelong dreams: getting to shoot someone in the face. No, none of these will do. Instead, let's just go with something we can all agree on...

Kellie Pickler is perfect.


And now I need to change my pants. Thanks for reading, everyone!

3 Comments:

At 1:55 PM , Blogger Drew said...

I'm not going to lie--I was pretty impressed with the last few of your posts. But this 100th post thing is b/s if you ask me. How can you make your 100th post ABOUT your 100th post.

We get into the whole "chicken or the egg" thing here. If you didn't write this one, then you wouldn't have 100 posts. But, if you didn't have 100 posts, then you wouldn't have written this post. So, what's the right thing here? Honestly, I don't know. But I would have rather seen a well thought out post about something comical--and then come out with the 101st post talking about how your 100th post the other day was a big hit. Because really, a post that talks about a previous post isn't really it's own separate post, especially when that additional post is simply to talk about the number of posts you've made to the blog. Therefore, I will not recognize this one as CTYA's 100th blog post. You're stuck with Gretzky right now, sorry brother.

Now get the creative juices flowing and put something on here about 'Thriller' or 'Billie Jean' or something like that...

 
At 1:18 PM , Blogger The Hurricane said...

I kind of have to disagree with Drew here - I think the picture of Kellie Pickler is sufficient material to make the post worthwhile. There are lots of beautiful women out there that we'll never see, so I appreciate being exposed to new ones, especially ones as hot as her!

But I agree, you need some juicer material to spice things up!

 
At 2:20 PM , Blogger The Hurricane said...

You should write about this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1198637/Move-Mel-B-Curvy-Carmen-Electra-goes-topless-burlesque-Vegas-show.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home